Saturday, November 21, 2009

Living in a Piece of Art

This county has almost as many holidays as the Jewish Community does in NYC. It's amazing...today was another holiday. I would say every week except for maybe one...that's about 7 since I've been here has had AT LEAST one day as a holiday. It's amazing to me...Today's was something to do with the end of slavery and some black man's risen ghost...or something like that.

But regardless of what is was...the BEACHES WERE PACKED.

And it was HOT.

DOCTOR, DOCTOR

I talked to a dermatologist today and she said that there really IS value with certain skin types to use those higher SPF sunscreens...like 70 or so. And all this time I'd thought it was just a marketing ploy.

But I'm going to the store tomorrow to buy some. I can't protect myself enough from this sun--it's DIRECT and HOT.

ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END

By tomorrow morning, my traveling roommate will return and consequently, my days of chilled rest by his A/C are over. :)

To be honest, it's kind of bugging me, this no A/C in my rook. I've asked, and they seem to be working on it. Apparently someone from the building has to come check out the electricity capacity...and since today as a holiday, well, the excuses keep coming.

I'm giving them til the end of the month...

PRETTY, PRETTY PICTURES

Well, I've said it many times, but the stone sidewalks through the city are just a piece of work under every strep. Look at that picture above...it's amazing, really. I love walking along the pier promenade, and seeing the art.

It's an art form that is lost in other parts of the world.

Speaking of pictures, I saw New Moon tonight...better than the last, but I need a good Vampire fight to make it a good movie and this one had none of that.

Oh well...NEXT


2 comments:

  1. I really liked New Moon. No good fights you say??? You must have slept through the last half of the movie. Did you see Edward getting physically abused and crushed by the creepy Voltury? How about those wolf fights and the attack on the dreadlock vampire by the pack of wolves? You have to admint the phasing and the wolves were cool.

    I won't tell Jeanna that you didn't care for the movie.....she will judge you quite harshly. She thinks anyone who says they don't like it just doesn't want to admit it and prefer to be a "hater" so that no one will see them as following the popular sentiment. She has us seeing it again for Family Night this Monday night. I love the woman's passion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stone sidewalks look beautiful. I remember that you once wanted to be a mosiac artist. No wonder you seem awed by their beauty!
    Hey, Brett, if you want to fix the photo layout messing up your words, click on the photo being on the left side. That should take care of the problem.
    Gary and I hosted Ross family dinner at our home today. It is always fun to have the family all together. Wish you were able to be with us every other Sunday.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete