Monday, November 30, 2009

Green Acres




Back from the farm.

And what a trip it was....amazing. Sunday Afternoon, I boarded a bus at the central bus station here in Rio. From there, it was about a 2 hour trip up to Max's farm outside of Teresopolis...a town dedicated to one of the once reinging monarchs family of Brasil. Another neighboring city is Petropolis, where the King ruled during the HOT summer months--escaping the heat of Rio. (Smart Man).

I'm not sure of the elevation, but it's up there in the clouds. The sleeping temperature is perfect. It's quiet, green, VERY GREEN, and just a nice break away from the hustle/bustle of Rio.

On the way up, we passed what is known as the DEDO DE DEUS (Finger of God) and from the picture, you can tell why it's called this. It really does look like a hand and finger pointing upward. The remains of the ice age, it's a beautiful site just outside the city.

Teresopolis really is a mess of a city--very unplanned, and not so attractive. But outside the city is where it becomes more jungle and VERY green.

Needless to say, I loved my night away in the mountains on a brasilian farm thanks to the hospitality of Max.

A NEW LEASE ON LIFE

I've got to give my notice to the other apartment...given the uncertainty with the lawsuit and other things and not sure exactly when I'll be leaving. I have found another apartment in Ipanema with a share that has A/C and will allow me to catch some respite from the heat of December. More on this later.

LOOKING FORWARD

I leave Thursday for my trip to the Foz de Iguzu....and I can't wait. I'm very excited about this.

The countdown starts today...three more days.

And counting...

1...2...3..


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Photos. Do you take all of them? This one of the DEDO DE DEUS is beautiful!
    I am so glad you get to have air conditioning now. Hooray!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete