Sunday, November 22, 2009

Lazy BLAZING days of Summer


Even with 50 SPF, I seem to get some kind of a burn...and that's staying the bulk of the time UNDER an umbrella. So I've begun to limit my sun exposure. I like the beach, but not that much...I'm going at later hours, and I'm trying to stay in the shade as much as possible.

It's not worth it otherwise.

MISSION REUNION

Hopefully I'm able to get A/C in the room this week. If not, well, I'm gonna have to move...I don't see another way around it.

I ran into anther guy that had served a Mormon Mission last night. Just by chance, we happened to mention that we'd both served missions. Him up north, and me in Sao Paulo. Small world right. We are going to try and have dinner and talk about old mission stories.

We're both in the same situation now--years away from the mission, so to speak, but living here in Rio just the same.


Other than that, it was a pretty casual day here...not much happened, which at times is good.

I have some goals for the coming week: 1. A/C 2. Visit at least two cool areas in the area. 3. Determine if I can swing a trip to Buenes Aires in the next 30 days, and 4. Get a Portuguese Professor.

Vicki suggested I try to get a charity thing going. Actually, I have been looking into that for some time, but with limited Portuguese skills, and the fact I'm on a Tourist Visa, well, it's not as easy as it sounds...but I'm still looking.




1 comment:

  1. When I was a missionary in Italy we taught English to the natives as a service. If you can find the missionaries, they may teach you Portuguese as a service. One more thing you can get for free and won't have to haggle for. :D

    ReplyDelete