Sunday, December 6, 2009

Obama vs Three Strippers

So the flight back to Rio was pretty uneventful, EXCEPT that I got a whole row to myself on the plane...THAT never happens. So all is good.

I made it back into the city around 6:30 p.m. and as I transfered from my bus to the subway on my last leg to the apartment, I noticed LARGE crowds of people around street side cafes watching a soccer match. Apparently it was for the Brasilian title, and in the end, the Flamingos won. When that happened, pandemonium took place in the stadium AND the streets...Brasilians do love their soccer. No doubt.

OBAMA vs DAVID LETTERMAN

As I was riding up the elevator to my new apt, this older woman got in and commented on the game. By my response, she picked up that I am a foreignor, and asked what country I was from. American, I said. She then went into a tirade about the joke David Letterman had made about Brasil getting the Olympics and Chicago losing because Brasil had sent three strippers and Chicago sent Obama & Oprah. Ha Ha. Well this woman found that very UNFUNNY, and said she would never watch his show again (he comes on here at 8 a.m. each morning), and she thought it was very bad of America to do that.

Um, I guess it doesn't matter what Obama does, Letterman's gonna screw it up.

Off to bed.

3 comments:

  1. it's "Flamengo," buddy. After the neighborhood, not the graceful, pink aquatic avians.

    Brazil needs to calm the fuck down. You know it's true. Nor were they strippers, that's right... Garotas de programa all the way, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to serve in any polotical capacity and come out ahead in the long run. Yep, David Letterman ruined Pres. Obama in the eyes of that woman and he doesn't even know it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... hire strippers

    ReplyDelete