Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I Think I Fan, I Think I Fan

Cough, Cough, Sneeze, Blow...oh what a relief it is.

And thus is my life the past couple of days. I have FAITH that the antibiotics will work, but it's a five day regimen and at best I'm only on day two...actually, day 24 hours, but I've taken two pills to try and Jump Start the process.

Day three in the morning...we'll see. We'll see.

ISSE LEFT ME HANGING

Yep, she writes me an e-mail changing my portuguese class to 4 p.m. versus 2 p.m., and when I show up ON TIME, no one's home.

Hum...I wonder again if I have a portuguese professor. Does no one want to teach me portuguese?

Que Pena!

A PARTY EVERY NIGHT

Rio is in HIGH PARTY MODE. New Years is a huge thing down here...and then Carnival comes just six weeks later, so everyone is thinking HOLIDAY. There seems to be a party every night, events going on around the city, and huge structures being erected on the beach for the New Years show and fireworks.

Me, I'm not feeling ANY OF IT because of this stupid chest infection. And because I'm on antibiotics, I need to limit sun exposure, so yeah, I'd just as soon get to the fireworks show and get on with the new year.

Of course, I've never been a huge New Years Eve celebration guy. It seems like so much adu about NOTHING...more a chance to sell liquor and funky eyeglasses I think.

But this year I really want to see how Brasil/Rio celebrates it.

If I can just get my body to behave.

DRAMA IN THE HOUSE

Apparently, the two brasilian guys that are living here had a knock-out, drag-out discussion/fight yesterday and I'm wading through the aftermath of it today. I'm staying out of it as best I can..Out of sight, out of mind. Not my issue.

But the house does look different now that it's decorated with eggshells.

THE WINDS OF TIME

Last night's sleep, with my new and improved high-powered ceiling fan, went pretty OK...not great, but passable. I didn't sleep soundly, but didn't wake up in pools of sweat either, and although I woke up a bit early, was able to go back to sleep for an hour or so so I'm not complaining.

Here's hoping for a healthier, happier day tomorrow.

And an even better nights sleep tonight.

Go little fan-helper, GO!


No comments:

Post a Comment