Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Here Comes Papai Noel

Well, another day, another dollar (or several). Without a job here, it's all money out the door. But I have been trying to live frugally--as best I can and still enjoy life.

Like I've proven you can go months without paying for a gym membership--tried out a new one today, ON THE HOUSE. Even got a private training session--FREE. AND, it was air conditioned.

DASHING THROUGH THE SAND

So to try and give the place some holiday cheer, in upper 80 degree heat, I stopped by a dollar-type store and bought four strings of lights and 10 christmas tree balls. I've now hung the balls from the chandelier in the dining area, and the twinkle lights are out on the terrace in the tropical plants...doing what they do well...TWINKLING. It's a little much for me, all that twinkling, but hey, for $1.50 a strand of 100...who's complaining.

Overall, it's not a lot, but hey, it will help Santa find his way. (Or as they call him here, Father Noel).

WHAT'S THAT PULLING ON MY LEG

I remember that story Dad used to tell about being out hunting with his brothers...and shooting a mountain lion, and chasing it, following it's blood trail. Then spotting it up a tree, climbs the tree and suddenly SOMETHING was grabbing his leg!

At that point, he'd end his story with a laugh, after he'd scared us all to death, with this line, "just like I'm pulling yours".

For some reason, as a little kid, I couldn't hear that story enough. I loved it. Every time he told it, I loved it.

Well today I was entering the ocean to do some body surfing (around 6 p.m....as the sun set), and as I got waist deep, something was pulling at my legs. And then they were pulled the other direction.

In this story, it wasn't a mountain lion, but I think it was a riptide...so I promptly exited. I've said this before, THOSE THINGS SCARE ME, so it didn't take long to exit to higher ground, without water around me, where no one was pulling my leg.

GIVE ME THAT AND THEN PAY ME

Tomorrow I have to change my flight back to NYC. If not, I'm on the flight Friday or lose it's value. Of course I'll have to pay some extra, but what you gonna do. The way the airlines work with money is just so irrational. Anyway, DON'T LET ME FORGET!

Ok, off to bed.

Choveu hoje a noite.


2 comments:

  1. I'm secretly hoping you forget. I want you home for Christmas!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy you are fearful of the "riptide pull". Love you.

    ReplyDelete