Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I Can Really Sink My Teeth Into that.

It was a rainy day here in Rio. And it looks to be a rainy next several days....WHAT, this isn't supposed to happen. Not on my last couple of weeks in Brasil.

But what you gonna do, right?

TEACH ME TO TALK

So I went to my first lesson with Isabella, or as she likes to be called, NISA. I was freeting it all day long, because she made a big stink about not forgetting and standing her up when we first met. So right at 2 p.m., I show up at here door. I ring. I ring again. I ring AGAIN. I hear a, "who's there". Me, I say. Then the door opens slowly, she peaks her nightgowned head through the crack. "oh, you...". Yes, I say, we have our lessons today, right? "Well, you didn't respond to my e-mail saying we should schedule a time." But, I say, we confirmed last week that I would be here now, taking the space of the Danish girl that return to Denmark. "Oh, yes...right. Well let me go put in my TEETH", and off she went to her bedroom.

I'm thinking, what have I gotten myself into.

But actually, I left with some good tools, some good insights into pronunciation, and some homework...so right now I'm happy.

THE AMERICAN DREAM IN RIO

So, I got a burr up my "horses patoot" recently, thinking I should maybe buy some property here. So today, my realtor Friend, Thiago, showed me a place...the first I've seen.

It's about $282,000 and has a view of the Christ and it's got a roof top terrace. Very nice, in that regard. But it also need some work...probably another $50,000 to fix it up. BUT THE KICKER is that there is no lobby. You have to enter through the garage. CRAZY right. For this reason this apartment has sat on the market for over 3 months...and will sit longer.

Anyway, still looking and will see another tomorrow.

HOMESICK FOR BRASIL ALREADY

Today I got a sinking feeling that I'll be leaving here shrortly. I'm not gonna dwell on this now, but it makes me a bit sad...

More on this latter.

2 comments:

  1. "let me go put my teeth in."

    hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested that you have grown to love Brasil so easily and quickly...EVEN with the lack of air conditioning in so many places.

    ReplyDelete