Friday, January 8, 2010

I´ll Take the Flower Sculpture, not the Flower in Your Mouth




Each morning we seem to rise a little later than the next. Which might mean that we´re becoming Argentinian. You see, everything is LATE here. They apparently start their business day around 9:30 or 10:00 a..m. They eat later lunches and they don´t have dinner until around 9 p.m. So if you´re going out to a club after, well that gets started around 1 a.m. and you can see how the cycle repeats itself.

That time frame is a tough one for me. I like the day to end around 10 - midnight and the day to begin around 7 - 8 .m. So yeah, it´s been a bit of getting used to here.

PARKS & MUSEUMS

We took a subway ride to the Palermo area of the city--supposedly a very fashionable and trendy place to live. And it is a nice area...tree-lined streets, nice homes and apartment buildings, and restaurants everywhere, etc. We walked through the botanical gardens (so so), then a very lackluster Japense Gardens, and was relieved to head to their version of the Museum of Modern Art for some A/C´d culture...which was very nice, although it was showing an exhibit of Andy Warhol...which was cool, but I´d seen some of his works already. But some pieces were really innovative and interesting.

From there, we walked to this HUGE flower sculputer in which the pedals open and close daily. I liked this a lot. The parks in this city are very impressive and they have a lot of statues everywhere. It´s a park and statue city from what I can tell.

DINNER and DANCING

We headed back for a quick nap, then headed back out for dinner and a show at this Tango Theater. To be honest, I was kind of dreading this--but being the good travel companion, didn´t want to raise a fuss. However, I have to admit, I really enjoyed it. The place/theater was very nice, not too tacky, and the dancing was spectacular...who knew people could move their feet that quickly. The tango is ALL about the feet, and emotion, and lust, and desire, which really come through in the feet--I know, hard to explain, but it does work and it was very cool. AND NOT ONCE did they put a rose in anyone´s month--to my utter delight.

Then we went to a couple of dancing clubs but to be honest, I was pretty tired by then and really just wanted to come home and sleep...which we finally did around 3 a.m. I know, I know...but dinner and the show didn´t end til about 1 a.m. See what I said about this city running on a slow time table.

So hitting the bed and sleeping well in anticipation of heading to Uraguay for a day trip.

Night.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful flower sculpture. YOU have seen some delightful things.
    Now, about the rose in the mouth, you missed out.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete