Monday, January 11, 2010

An American, A Scott and a Brasilian Lawyer Sit Down to Chat

Today was all about doing business in Brasil, day.

I went to meet my attorney about the penthouse purchase at our agreed upon time of 11:00 a.m in the downtown area of Rio where all the law offices are. I was notified by his secretary when I arrived that he didn't normally get in the office until noon or 1 p.m. HUM, so I asked if they would contact him. He HAPPILY was on his way and would be there in 20 minutes or so. So I went down and had a little breakfast, got some cash, and just happened to see a sale on pants (which I'll need to start wearing again once I get to the states--no more shorts and swim suits for a while), so bought three pair for only $100. I LOVE a deal.

Then I went back and luckly MAX was meeting with the attorney about that same time so we both went in and Max made sure I was understanding everything he had to say.

The good news is it's still a viable opportunity. The Not-so-good-News is it's not gonna happen quickly...because some paperwork, architectual drawing and engineer assessment still needs to be approved by the city hall which could take 2-3 months. Actually, I'm kind of GLAD about that, as it will give me time to really decide if this is something I want to undertake or not.

But still, moving forward.

Oh and then my attorney informed me I owed him $150.00 and I could desposit it directly into his account. See, some things don't change from here to the States.

NO WORK OUT MAKES BRETT A SMALL BOY

I think I got tennis elbow about a month ago and it's not healing, so I've been trying to lay off it...which really means my quest for free gyms ended about two weeks ago. So, unless it gets much better quickly, and I find a free gym, I guess my gym hunt is over. It was fun while it lasted.

DREDING THE PACK

I look around my room and while I've not bought much, I've accumulated STUFF. I'm not looking forward to packing it all and heading out, but hey, gotta find a place for everything I'm guessing. Or buy another piece of luggage.

BACK IN THE OVEN

I asked Max if I could sleep in his place tonight because it's just TOO HOT here in the apt. He agreed, so at least for one more night, I'm home FREE in air conditioned comfort.




No comments:

Post a Comment